Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Day 7-11 Updates!

Time to update! I'm so behind. 

Saturday, Day 7: We went to Lake Michigan for the day and I packed my little snacks and was happy as a clam!

It was sad because we drove by the Dairy Bar and normally Mom, Dad, and I would've stopped. Or we would have a special snack at night. It's ridiculous how much our lives revolve around food. 

Sunday, Day 8: I was very nervous for this day. First there was a lunch at church between services. I knew there wouldn't be anything I could eat, so I went to the grocery store. All I wanted was some turkey and I cannot find any that doesn't contain sugar! I had a bit of a "meltdown" (I hate when parents use that phrase about their kids' fits) and had to voice message Katie while on the verge of tears. "I just want to eat!" I ended up getting some guacamole and carrots. *yawn* BUT I found some La Croix on sale and it's all natural so I was able to buy some of that. Yum! Michigan made products rock! 

After church was Kyrstin's bridal shower tea. This was tough! There was a bunch of cupcakes and I wanted to eat just a baby one. But I didn't cave! Thank GOD there was a ton of fruit and veggies so I filled up my plate with those and enjoyed every bite. I also enjoyed some naturally flavored tea and had a grand ol' time!

After my meltdown at the store, I have been fine! I thought that was the start of the psychological aspect but I seek to be ok!

Monday....nothing exciting happened. I made steak and was so excited to eat it but missed A1. :(

Tuesday, Day 10: Since I missed dipping my steak in something, I decided to try the Whole30 mayo recipe. It was very good! I used the juice from almost a full lemon for flavor. Very satisfying and tastes just like mayo!

Wednesday, Day 11: Today I put some chicken in a crock pot with some salsa and lemon juice before work. After work my apartment smelled glorious. I added some cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder, and shredded it. It was good as a taco salad with lettuce, onion, peppers, and avocado! I could really taste the lemon! 

My main issue is breakfast and lunch. I have such a hard time eating eggs or meat in the morning, and I have NEVER liked packing a lunch. So I have been eating just fruit basically for breakfast and lunch this week which isn't the best idea. :-/

Is it weird that I'm not noticing much difference after cutting out SO many things? I may be a little less tired but I don't feel any huge benefits yet. Though today I did wear my watch on a looser notch, and a coworker I hadn't seen in a while said I look like I'm losing weight. Both positives!

Katie and I talked today and both feel like we can make it through the rest of the program. We're going strong! Going to try to be better prepared for lunch tomorrow. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment